Many company and business professionals lack the proper funds to be able to employ a full time receptionist to handle administrative duties. For others, the time and hassle involved in hiring and training an administrative assistant put this staff addition out of reach. The time and money involved in traditional staffing are two reasons virtual office services are more popular than ever.
What is a virtual receptionist?
A virtual receptionist is the most convenient and cost-effective way to run your virtual office. Here are three reasons your business should have a virtual receptionist:
- 1. Virtual office services allow you to run your business on your own time.
For a fraction of the cost of a telephone answering service, you can have a live person to answer the phone at all times. Your virtual receptionist can:
- Forward messages
- Assist with scheduling
- Ensure your customers and colleagues are not left out in the cold
- A virtual assistant is more efficient than an on-site assistant.
- You save time and money because you pay for the services you need without being responsible for benefits, payroll taxes, training, and management.
- One person is responsible for all administrative tasks. This centrality creates less confusion than having a dozen different employees working on a project with no clear idea of who is accountable for what.
- Easy for your current staff because you can instantly increase or decrease your project coverage as needed. Get the backup help you need during busy times and pare down your support team during slower times.
- Virtual office services benefit your bottom line.
- No need to spend money on a full-time administrative assistant. You save on payroll taxes and benefits, paying only for the services you need.
- Build valuable business connections just by having a real, live human being answering your phone rather than sending your valuable prospects to voicemail.
- Many receptionists are skilled in other trades which minimizes the amount of outsourcing or supplemental hiring
As valuable as virtual office services are, you’d probably expect to pay top-dollar to use them in your business. You’ll be very surprised to find out how affordably you can work with a virtual receptionist, though – and once you see the positive effect on your bottom line, you’ll understand why so many businesses consider this to be one of the best cost-containment tactics they’ve ever implemented.