According to 99U, “The spaces we occupy shape who we are and how we behave.” This sentiment makes sense, especially for people who work at least five days a week in their Tysons Corner office space. Wherever you are and whatever you do can literally influence your behavior and outlook in life.
There are several things you can do to make your work hours more enjoyable and productive. Here are seven ways to make your office space work for you:
1. Create a space that will boost your creativity. At times, all it takes is some tweaking in your desk space or office corner. The amount of refashioning to do depends on the size of your workspace. Nevertheless, you can add some color to your walls or hang something interesting on your corkboard—anything that gets your creative juices flowing.
2. Keep your work desk uncluttered and clean. If you want to get things done fast, then organizing your stuff is the best way to go about it. It will help you find and file things in no time. You will also enjoy the benefits of a fresh and nifty work area every morning without worrying about misplacing that report your boss needs for your meeting.
3. Use color, light, and space wisely. Everything is better with a clear design and layout. While you’re at it, consider your preferences, but do some research as well. Check for great color palettes that work well together, lighting that is pleasant to the eyes, and items that are functional for your daily use. Unnecessary objects on your table might slow you down instead of boosting your efficiency and productivity.
4. Invest in office desk essentials that will actually increase your productivity. One good way of improving productivity is by writing everything down. Acquire work desk essentials like Post-its of all sizes, a calendar, and a planner for professional use only.
5. Choose work accessories that are both functional and handy. Some people are fond of using hand-carry gadgets because they’re more convenient and easier to use. However, not everyone is comfortable and adept at using them. If you’re one of these people, you can use something slightly bigger, like your laptop. This can help you see and read things better.
6. Add small plants to optimize your workspace. If a small space puts a limit on your makeover plans, then consider investing in a green plant or two. Research, according to 99U, has repeatedly shown that the presence of plants in your office space in Tysons Corner, VA lessens stress among workers.
7. Go for practices and habits that will improve your professional credibility. We understand that the goal is to always be on top of your game. However, this is not always the case. People get burned out too. While a vacation is not always the best remedy, you can try incorporating something new into your lifestyle instead, perhaps a new hobby or morning routine. This change may end up being not only professionally healthy but personally fulfilling as well.
Metro Offices offers various office solutions for your particular needs. We have executive, shared, and virtual spaces, and we also provide business support and technology services. Just let us know how we can help you find a workspace that will work for you. Give us a call at (703) 871-5208 today.