In a workplace where virtual communication is used, it is important to know how to collaborate and communicate with your team to be able to do your work efficiently and accurately. At Metro Offices, we are dedicated to helping our clients get the best results out of their virtual office in DC, Maryland and Virginia. Here are five things you can do to achieve better collaboration in a virtual office:
- Make sure that you set your expectations ahead of time. Avoid miscommunications! Talk about how much work you need to get done for the day, when you should be getting updates from each other, and what method of communication you will be using.
- Delegate work properly. Each employee has different skills and specialties. You need to know your workers’ strengths and weaknesses so you can delegate tasks early on and to keep the work at pace and as clean as possible.
- Get an office space where you can meet occasionally. Setting up meetings every once in a while is necessary, even for a small start-up with a team of four or for a solo entrepreneur meeting an important client. In addition, you need to have an office address in case a client asks for it, or to have packages and important office documents sent directly to that address. Metro Offices’ meeting and training rooms come fully furnished with high-speed Internet, audio and video conferencing, and all the necessary office equipment. So, whether you’re meeting the team for updates or if you’re trying to impress a client, we have the workspace you need!
- Use online tools so that you can still see each other virtually. Skype, Viber, Google Hangouts—there are so many apps and programs that you can use to keep in touch nowadays that any work updates can easily and quickly be passed on to the team.
- Be culturally savvy. This is important especially if you’re working with employees or clients outside the country. Learn about their work habits and culture, including religious holidays. Being comfortable with your teammates is a must when working in a virtual setting.
Working in an unfamiliar environment can be problematic. That’s why Metro Office is here to help you with your workplace needs. Let our dedicated team provide your DC virtual office with the support you need so that you can experience for yourself how professional and hassle-free renting our office space solutions can be. For more information about our services, call us at (703) 871-5208 today.