(This post is the second installment of a two-part series on understanding millennials and how they can contribute to your business https://www.metroffice.com/2015/04/knowing-your-workforce-understanding-generation-y-part-1/)
Now that you have an idea of who Generation Y is and what they’re about, let’s move on to part two of this blog post: What millennials want in the workplace and how you can best manage them to achieve your company’s goals.
What Do Millennials Look for in Their Workplace?
Is your office space herndon va equipped with the right amenities to ensure that your Generation Y employees are enjoying their jobs? According to the Intelligence Group, a research-based consumer insights company, studies on millennials show that
• Improved Well-Being. A fresh and clean workplace significantly uplifts the mood of employees. Nothing is better than an organized desk and a neat pantry to welcome you to work.
• Worker Satisfaction. Another advantage of having a neat workspace is that it’s easier to accomplish a task, knowing exactly where to look to find things.
• Increased Productivity. A well-maintained workspace encourages employees to focus on their work and accomplish more.
• Professional Reputation. Lastly, a clean office has a lot to say about a company’s image. You can identify how professional a person is based on they handle themselves. The same goes for a company—a clean office environment reflects care and professionalism.
With those numbers, it can be said that millennials want to make a difference wherever they’re working. Creating an avenue for them to do so can develop the potential for these people and deliver the type of work you expect from them.
What’s The Best Way to Manage Millennials?
Now that we know what they’re looking for, how can you lead millennials toward your company’s goals? Here are some of the methods that you could try:
- Recognize their achievements and give the appropriate feedback for their work
- Give them enough time and flexibilityto do their job
- Give them opportunities to advance in their career track
- Give them a reason to be motivated and busy with work
- Provide them an avenue to develop their potential with the right corporate culture
If you’re ready to make your Herndon office space ready for the next generation of employees, allow Metro Offices to provide you with a top-notch workplace that can help maximize your business potential. Our office spaces are equipped with enterprise-grade technology as well as amenities such as Wi-Fi, complimentary coffee/tea, online reservation platforms, and collaborative work environments. Make your millennial workforce more comfortable today; feel free to give Metro Offices a call!