Information technology has advanced through the years. It is no longer a matter of if you will become the victim of a cyber attack, but when.
More often than not, business owners only find out their business is being attacked when it’s too late. To help you avoid cyber attacks in your Tysons, VA office space, Metro Offices presents five common IT security risks you need to be aware of:
This malware infects the entire computer system. After it encrypts your data, you won’t be able to access your computer. It can attack at both cloud storage and network levels.
- Cyber espionage
Hacking of company data has been a growing trend. Large companies like Sony Pictures have been infiltrated.
- Internet security issues
In this Digital Age, devices like mobile phones and tablets are used along with personal computers or laptops to connect to the World Wide Web. Because of the many devices that are able to connect to the Internet, it becomes easier for hackers to move between systems to gain access to confidential data.
- Cyber theft
Financial information should always be kept secured and private. Hackers can steal information from companies that have not set proper security measures for credit card payments.
- Weak passwords
Using passwords for your accounts is not enough to guarantee your safety. Short and obvious passwords like birthdates, anniversaries or the simple 1234 make it easier for cyber criminals to hack your system. When they retrieve your password, they automatically have access to your private information.
Hackers are always creating new techniques to penetrate networks. They have different methods of accessing your information and use it to their advantage.
Here are some tips to keeping your personal information safe and secure:
- Make sure you back up all your critical data. Install effective antimalware programs on your computers and devices that contain sensitive data.
- Inform all your employees about security policies. Indicate how important data protection is. Also, advise them that oversharing on social networking sites can create an opening for data breach.
- Ensure that your IT team will look for tier II entry points and secure all access points. At our data center, we have a tier III campus that is highly reliable in a data-hosting environment. We have one of the best infrastructures in the mid-Atlantic region.
- Create a strong password. The more complex your password is, the harder it is to crack.
- Provide additional protection by installing surveillance monitors. At Metro Offices, our video surveillance records all the activity in all areas of the data center, including the building’s entrance.
With our Tysons Corner office space, you can rest assured that you and your valuable information remain protected against any cyber crimes. Metro Offices has a highly efficient and secure data center to protect your company data.
Let your business grow with a secure IT infrastructure like Metro Offices offers. We have private offices, meeting rooms and virtual office solutions that come equipped with a hardened IT infrastructure to keep your data secure. Fill out our contact form to learn more about our services.