The kind of shared office space you choose will affect how productive you will be so it’s important to choose the right one. Essentially, what you choose should be guided by your needs so make sure that, before you dive into the selection process, you know what you’re looking for. This will quickly narrow the options, making it easier for you to spot the right choice.
A good shared office is:
- Accessible. It is important for offices to be centrally located. The same goes for shared office spaces. Getting shared office space in an accessible location makes it easy to get to not just for you but your employees and clients as well.
- Affordable. Fortunately, the wide range of options for shared office space means that there’s sure to be one at every price point, helping ensure that whatever budget you might have, there will be choices available to you. Generally though, shared office spaces are more affordable than getting your own office space, even when located in a prime spot in the city.
- Spacious. Or at least, spacious enough. Different businesses have different space requirements so choose based on what will work for you. What if you need to expand or downsize in the future? No problem. Shared office spaces are flexible enough to accommodate changing needs so you don’t have to worry about your future office space needs.
- Equipped. One of the best things about shared office spaces is that they are ready for use right off the bat. This means you just have to plug in and you can start working. Shared office spaces may vary in the amount of equipment they offer so be sure to evaluate equipment as part of your deciding factors. Some shared offices include basic equipment in all contracts and then charge extra for additional equipment.
- Safe. Does your shared office space have a working fire exit and water sprinklers? Are the lockers durable enough to keep your items safe while you're away? Is the building in good condition? It’s going to be hard to focus on your work if you’re worried about your surroundings so make sure the shared office space you choose can keep you secure.
Narrow down your choices further by zeroing in on key features for shared office spaces. Learn more about them in the last, but definitely not the least, part of this blog series.