“Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success,” said Nobel Peace Prize winner Albert Schweitzer.
As an employer or worker, cultivating a happy workplace is essential. It offers plenty of productivity benefits, even if it’s a simple team huddle in a meeting space in Chevy Chase, MD.
Nevertheless, here are top five reasons to make happiness a daily priority in your workplace:
- Happy workers are more creative, optimistic, and healthy. Where there is light, creativity thrives. Inspiration comes from many places, and a depressed workplace is never one of them. Sure, painters and artists can get inspiration from gloomy melodies or situations. However, in businesses, that’s not applicable. In a world of productivity and profitability, happy workers pace themselves for action. You can only do that if you are emotionally, mentally, and socially stable.
- Happy workers are geared toward giving solutions. Nothing can pull down a team than a toxic colleague—one who leads another meeting after the meeting. There are many kinds of toxic people: the gossiper, the envious, the victim, the control freak, and the pessimist, among others. However, instead of focusing on the negative, give more attention to people who radiate positivity. These employees work hard to fix problems. To business owners, invest your time and resources wisely.
- Happy workers help your business generate profit. Some of the country’s happiest companies are the same businesses that make more money. You’ve probably seen articles online with titles “Best Places to Work,” “100 Best Companies to Work For,” and more. If there is one thing that those listed companies have in common, it’s having a happy workplace. Many start-ups with positive work environments flourish.
- Happy workers are committed to quality work. According to Gallup’s 2011–2012 employee study, only about 29% of all the employees in the U.S. and Canada are actually devoted to work. Imagine how few employees are psychologically dedicated to their jobs. Commitment matters in order for employees to make positive contributions to their organizations. Whether you are an established or a start-up company, your workers have to share the same mission and vision as you.
- Happy workers work better with others. Happy and contented workers won’t need extra motivation to do their jobs. They simply do it because they want to. What could be better than having a team of happy and positive workers that are consistently on a roll? Furthermore, collaboration and teamwork won’t be a problem. Once you have nurtured a happy workplace, things are done faster without compromising quality. This is especially valuable for start-up businesses.
Routines, habits, and small daily events have a big impact to a worker’s overall well-being. As a business owner, you have control over your work environment, so make it count. Our workspace solutions in Chevy Chase, MD can be just the thing you need to start establishing a happy workplace.
Metro Offices has strategically located offices that offer convenience and accessibility. Whether you need a shared office or a meeting space, we have it. To learn more about our workspace solutions, give us a call at (703) 871-5208 today.