Confidence and the ability to lead and inspire are essential traits for any business owner. As the head of your company, it’s up to you to lead the way and set the goals that everyone working for you should also aim for.
However, getting them to pursue those goals to the best of their ability requires you to work a certain magic: the magic of charisma, passion, and irresistibility. Being irresistible means you will be well liked and respected, and your company will be more inclined to follow your lead. Metro Offices gives you 10 ways:
1. Find a reason to love life – Approach life with joy and love, and people will be drawn to you. Look at problems as temporary obstacles to be tackled and always keep the prize in mind.
2. Make an effort to look your best – Looking your best is a sign of respect for other people. Note that this is different from being vain.
3. Smile – People mirror body language. If you smile when you talk to people, they will unconsciously return the favor and feel good as a result. Make sure to smile as well even if you aren’t face to face! This habit shouldn’t change when you use our unified communications solutions in Washington, DC to teleconference with your clients or employees.
4. Have integrity – Walk your talk and people will be drawn to you. Being true to yourself and following through everything that you say is very inspiring. It’s essential to practice this habit to get people to follow you.
5. Be authentic – If you know who you are and are confident about showing who you are, you encourage people to be truthful and honest towards you. It’s easy to be at ease in your own skin when the people you are talking to are comfortable with themselves.
6. Recognize the difference between fact and opinion – Don’t shy away from sharing your opinion, but recognize that it is just an opinion and not a fact. When discussing sensitive subjects with others, you should recognize that they are people just as intelligent as you are who just look at things differently.
7. Focus on people – Cultivate an authentic interest in the people around you and you will be rewarded. By focusing on their needs, you show them that they are valued. For instance, your team requires a flexible and robust IT infrastructure for their work. Availing of our technology solutions in Washington, DC will help them and show that you care.
8. Don’t try too hard – Truly irresistible people don’t dominate conversations with anecdotes about themselves to make people like them. Irresistible people get people to like them by liking them back.
9. Follow the platinum rule – Treat others the way they want to be treated. This is the platinum rule and shows how much you value and want to help others. You’ll find that it makes people more comfortable around you.
10. Treat everyone with respect – Every person deserves to be treated with respect and dignity. Be polite and kind to everyone, from your biggest client to the server taking your order.
When you follow these healthy habits, the increased confidence and irresistibility will have positive impact on your professional and personal life. Your sense of self-worth will come from within, confidence will come naturally, and you will never need to search for external validation.
Your success is our success, and Metro Offices is dedicated to providing customers the support they need to excel. From advice articles like these to office and technology solutions, we do everything we can to help you and your business reach its potential. Give us a call to learn more about our products and services.