Running a virtual office offers a number of good points, including the fact that you will not have to be tied down to a particular location. Working remotely allows you to work from anywhere in the world, offering a better alternative to the challenges of commuting to work in a traditional office setting. Communication is also more efficient since everything is written down and searchable, letting you track your team’s progress better.
This, however, also has its setbacks, which can lead to fluctuations in productivity. Fortunately, Metro Offices, your premier provider of quality office space solutions, can help with this. Here are four ways you can increase productivity in your virtual office in Washington, DC.
1. Hold meetings regularly. This helps your company organize every workday more efficiently. It is important to use both audio and video for these meetings. This allows you to see who is talking and watch how the others are reacting to him or her.
2. Show respect. There will be transitive stage when your team adapts to you and the virtual environment, so be patient and treat your team with respect. Of course, this goes both ways; they will have to return it to you. A virtual office is similar to a traditional office in this regard: respect is essential and everyone must get along to reach the company goals.
3. Use instant messaging than email for communication. While some might argue that it is a large distraction, a chat app actually provides the semblance of being in the same room as your virtual team. This lets you get instant replies and is generally less time-consuming than an email. Turn to Metro Offices for your Washington, DC virtual office, as we can offer you a unified communications platform that enhances productivity both inside and outside the office.
4. Provide support to your virtual team. Addressing the concerns of your virtual team promptly keeps them productive. These concerns might include issues on payment and workflow. If they need software tools to get the job done more effectively, be sure to provide what they need.
5. Designate tasks effectively. Understanding the strengths of your virtual team will help you assign the work that suits them best. This increases productivity and provides the good results you want.
Running a virtual office will require a workspace strategy that supports your unique work style. Metro Offices is the premier provider of excellent virtual office space in Washington, DC. Our virtual options feature a professional address, a support team that offers administrative and technical services, and technology solutions for better productivity.
Fill out our form today for a free consultation.