If you want to motivate your employees and display a positive work vibe, start with a creative workspace design. To help you get started, here are eight design tips from Metro Offices:
- Minimize distractions. Having a window with panoramic outdoor views helps keep a positive vibe in the office. They also reduce eyestrains. You should also opt for a simple color palette for your walls and decor. If you have paintings, you can place them inside meeting rooms instead to inspire ideas.
- Choose comfortable furniture. Selecting the right chair can affect your employees health, so do not spare on low-quality options. You can also choose a slightly reclined chair to reduce lower back pain. Your office space in Washington, DC, should also have the right-sized desk height.
- Always maintain a well-lit environment. This includes natural daylighting through windows or artificial lighting. If you want flexible lighting options, opt for lamps. You can balance lighting inside the room with light wall colors.
- Do not forget about noise, especially in coworking spaces. Some people prefer working with music, while others prefer quiet environments. Know what your employee wants and strategize workspace setups for them.
- Reduce clutter. Throw any unnecessary things like used papers and folders away. For important documents, keep them filed and sorted inside drawers.
- Maintain a warm room temperature. A study from Cornell University stated that optimal room temperature (77°) results in less employee mistakes. The study also indicated that performance decreases when the room is poorly ventilated.
- Allot different spaces for creativity. Some people prefer working in private spaces, while others are more productive in collaborative workstations. At Metro Offices, the leading provider of office space for rent in Washington, DC, you can choose from private to sharing offices that will meet your needs.
- Keep employees refreshed with snacks and drinks. At Metro Offices, we have a community cafes and member lounges with complimentary tea and coffee. Our spaces encourage peer interaction and idea creation.
Let Metro Offices help you create a better environment for your start-up. We have FlexDesk®, coworking, hoteling, and office space for lease in Washington, DC. You can also use our meeting facilities that are equipped with the latest technologies.
Call us today at (703) 871-5208 to learn more office design tips. If you want to request for a quote for one of our office solutions, you can fill out our contact form.