With the ceaseless advance of Internet and communication technology, more and more small businesses are taking advantage of a virtual office in Arlington, VA. This also makes sense for companies because they save money on utilities and office space. Meanwhile, employees can benefit from reduced commuting times. Here are a few tips to keep your focus while telecommuting:
1. Organize – Staying organized is one of the most important tasks when working virtually. You need to remain accountable to your work. Prioritize your time with a clear to-do list, and reference it each morning. Plan thoroughly, so you know what items you need to finish for the day and what items you need to finish for the week. Keeping notes and planning like this help you maintain structure even without a traditional office environment.
2. Stay Social – Virtual offices are at risk of becoming isolated because of their location. You need to encourage communication via online tools with your team. Go out of your way to form relationships with your co-workers because communication is essential to productivity. Our virtual office in Reston, VA, is perfect for this because of our unified communications platform.
3. Eliminate Burn Out by Organizing Time – Virtual office work can have a tendency of logging many hours in front of a computer with no breaks. You can manage your time by organizing regular calls that have clear agendas. This allows you to communicate with others while removing monotony. We also recommend taking regular five minute breaks throughout the day to refresh.
4. Maintain a Dedicated Work Space – Setting aside space can help you focus. Even if you do not have a spare room, you can use a corner of your living room or get creative by turning a closet into an office. A dedicated work space will allow you to compartmentalize your routine. Having a clear line between your home and your work is necessary for productivity.
5. Dress to Impress – You are likely to be more focused and productive if you look your best. Try to dress well before beginning your workday. This prepares your mind for the tasks to come, and helps make your virtual office feel like an actual office.
Telecommuting is an excellent option for employees who want the freedom to arrange their work set-up however they want. They can work wherever they feel most productive. If you want your employer to consider setting up a virtual office in Washington, DC, recommend Metro Offices. Our virtual office set-ups can empower them to create the perfect solution for their company’s needs. Call us at (703) 871-5208 to learn more tips on working in a virtual office.