Most people wake up each morning and go straight to the office for their eight-hour job. According to recent studies, sitting at a work desk all day can be extremely damaging to your health. While your office job might bring great pay for you and your family, it also has the potential to make you weaker and more prone to sickness.
There’s no need to worry, though. With proper diet and plenty of exercise, it’s possible to work an office job and still lead a healthy lifestyle. Metro Offices, the leading provider of office space for lease in Washington, DC, shares five health hacks to consider:
- Stand as Much as You Can – Most health problems that arise from working an office job come from sitting too long. Standing as much as you can is one of the best ways to alleviate this problem. You can do this by investing in a standing desk or by moving around every few hours in the office.
- Maintain Your Posture – Slouching or sitting all day with poor posture can have a negative impact on your back muscles. When sitting on your office chair, be sure to straighten your back and keep your shoulders erect. This will not only save you from back pains; it will also help with proper respiration and blood circulation.
- Paint the Walls Green – Studies have shown that green colors can have a positive effect on our creative thinking. Creativity is very important at work, so it pays to choose a hue that is quiet and calming for your office space in Washington, DC. Shades of green can also lessen the effects of stress and minimize the chances of burnout.
- Stop Eating at Your Desk – Apart from preventing crumbs on your keyboard, eating away from your desk can also help reset your brain for an afternoon of productivity. Have a dedicated area for lunch to truly get that break during the day.
- Do Mini Workouts – Allot a few minutes of your time to squeeze in mini workouts. Even things as simple as stretches and strength moves can engage your core muscle while you work.
Metro Offices is the premier provider of top-quality office space for rent in Washington, DC, and in areas around MD and VA. If you want more tips like these or if you’re looking for more information about our offices, you can schedule a consultation with our experts by calling (703) 871-5208. You can also complete our form. We’ll get in touch with you as soon as possible.