“If you build it, they will come.” And progress has undoubtedly come to Tysons Corner, where the new Silver Line Metro serves as the epicenter of a blossoming community that already is home to an estimated 1,000 residents. With many additional high-rise apartments slated to open, thousands more soon will join these new residents of McLean. According to the Washington Post, the Commons of McLean includes 577 units under construction, and will eventually total 2,500 apartments. Another 400 units are being wrapped up at the 34-story Adaire. These are only a small percentage of more than 10,000 high-rise apartments and condos planned for the Tysons area in coming years.
With Capital One’s 470-foot, 940,550-square-foot headquarters under construction nearby, housing will be in demand for the many employees of the financial giant. And so will provisions – which is why the prominent building will include a Wegmans grocery store. Down the road at 1775 Tysons Boulevard, a new 17-story, 476,000-square-foot tower that will become the home of EY (the professional services firm previously known as Ernst & Young) is being constructed by Lerner Enterprises.
Developers are also turning their attention to filling in the new construction projects with retail, business and recreational projects that will make the new Tysons more connected and walkable.
In addition, the following projects are scheduled to begin in 2016.
- The Residences at Tysons II (Phase One), a 31-story, 225-unit condominium tower next to Tysons Galleria and an office development.
- The Boro (Phase One), a pedestrian-friendly neighborhood that will include three existing buildings, multiple newly developed buildings, parking, new roadways, a Whole Foods supermarket and a luxury movie theater.
- Westpark Plaza (Phase One), a 5.5-acre, mixed-used development that will include high-rise apartments, retail and a hotel.
- At the far end of Tysons, Tysons West (Phase Two) will include 389 apartments and retail offerings anchored by Wal-Mart.
- Highgate at Metropolitan Mile encompasses high-rise apartments and the revitalization of more than 40 acres of dated office buildings.
Live & Work in the Heart of Tysons
Metro Offices is excited to offer a complete set of leading workspace solutions at our center at Tysons at Greensboro Station Place. Be close to where you live, work and play with your own cutting-edge Tysons Corner office space. Call (703) 871-5208 to speak to a Metro Offices representative about premier Tysons, VA, office space!