Modern technology has made it possible for people in different geographical locations to work together seamlessly. Herman Miller conducted a study to determine whether having a remote setup is a good option for employees and for the company. Metro Offices, your leading provider of office space for lease, shares the results below:
The Needs of Your Employees
Although everyone is different, most people have the same basic needs in the workplace, which you must meet to optimize productivity. Leadership practices, culture play, and where and how people work determine whether these needs are met. These needs include:
- Sense of Achievement: Employees strive for success so they can feel a sense of achievement.
- Autonomy: Staff members want to be trusted to make their own decisions and exercise their own judgment when it comes to carrying out the basic tasks of their job.
- Belonging: They seek strong, meaningful bonds with colleagues.
- Sense of Purpose: Workers strive to make a difference. They want to know that what they do matters in the “big picture.”
- Sense of Security: In addition to working in an environment that is healthy and physically safe, employees also feel the need be socially secure or connected to a team.
- Status: They also want the appropriate respect and appreciation for their work in an environment that esteems them.
Achieving the Right Office Environment
Giving your staff a pleasant and professional work environment is one way to help them meet their needs. Our co-working office space allows your workers to move around and interact with each other so they don’t feel isolated, but also gives them private work areas if they need privacy. This setup is advantageous because it doesn’t limit your staff members to sitting in the same position all day long.
An airy and open space with an appealing design and comfortable furniture can affect your team’s mood and how they feel about their jobs. This translates to a positive effect on their productivity. Our team spaces and day offices provide a wide, bright and aesthetically pleasing environment for your team.
If you’re looking for an excellent office space for rent, turn to Metro Offices. We offer a selection of different office spaces and layouts to cater to your company’s specific needs. We serve areas in Washington, DC, and the nearby areas. Call us at (703) 871-5208 today to learn more.