Your IT Checklist: 8 Tips When Moving Your Office
August 29, 2016 by Mike Certoma
Moving to a new office location is an exciting time for every company. However, disruptions to your business operations, even minor ones, can be stressful. You need to make sure all the technological aspects of your company are in place before you begin operating out of your new office.
To reduce the stress of moving and make sure all technical systems are good, you need to prepare accordingly. Metro Offices, the leading provider of office space for rent in Tysons, provides this checklist to help you get a smooth relocation:
- Plan your relocation ahead – Inform all your technology carriers, ISPs, and vendors about your move date at least two months prior to the relocation. You should also make it a point to check the cabling requirements of your new office.
- Update old or broken equipment – If your network equipment is outdated, your relocation is a good time to update it. Fortunately, Metro Offices offers a stunning office space in Tysons that comes with state-of-the-art facilities and technological solutions.
- Evaluate your communications requirements – Make sure that your new space can meet the cabling and infrastructure your business requires.
- Prepare a checklist for site visit – Together with your IT provider and a certified cabling company, you should verify that everything works, including:
• Your configuration plan
• Ideal workstation locations and power jacks
• Hardware location
• Minimum requirements for the server room
- Review your telecommunications options – Our offices spaces and meeting rooms in Tysons are equipped with the most innovative telecommunications systems. If you need to update yours, we can provide the best options for your business.
- Protect your data – Make several backup copies of all company data systems and ensure full recovery systems to protect your data during your relocation.
- Prepare for move day – To ensure successful transportation of your technology equipment, allow your IT and telecom solution provider to complete the actual process for you.
- Test and Verify – After the moving process, do a walkthrough with your IT provider to check and verify all your equipment and network connection.
The most important part of office relocation is organization. With proper preparation and the right IT team, your move should go smoothly. Metro Offices can help you enjoy the benefits of a modern and top-of-the-line office space. Call us at (703) 871-5208 or fill out our form and we’ll help you find the right solution for your needs.